Friday, June 13, 2008

Tim Russert and me.

I don't know Tim Russert.
I don't feel like he's part of my family.
I don't feel like we're friends.

He was an anchor, a pundit, who was present in my life because I like how he deals with politics and current events. I found Meet the Press immensely satisfying. I trusted Tim Russert. I loved listening to him and watching him on television. And I will miss that experience immensely.

In an age of so much deception...so much bias and partisanship...it really boils down to who you trust. I trusted Tim Russert. I just did.

I don't think this is the end of an era.
But it's sad. I'm sad.
And I wonder...what happens now?

1 comment:

Risa Shoup said...

a previous post of mine re: MTP, http://empathyandirony.blogspot.com/2008/04/james-carville-and-mary-matlin-turn-me.html